Sign Up To Keep Up To Date on CCM Concerts in the Philippines!

Keep Up To Date on Pinoy CCM Events
Name
Email

Friday, September 19, 2008

Amy Grant - My Father's Eyes

By Levi (Houston, Texas United States)
Amy Grants second album should have been part of the first album but I believe she wanted to savor the moments of her music by taking her time and releasing it separately. My father's Eyes reminds me of her first album. It's so beatiful her voice is still the same never changes even til today. Her songs are so uplifting and spiritually moving. I definitely recommend this album and her first album as well. But not to forget the other albums she did after this one are also something to brag about. In other words I recommend her other albums as well.

By AROLDO DAVID NORIEGA "David" (Guatemala)
This is when Amy Grant's voice was like an angel, I like her now of course but I liked her better 20 years ago. I guess I am getting old; this cd makes me remember good days.

By Louise Dana (Rosemont, PA)
Most of the songs on this album are forgettable, but it's worth getting for "Father's Eyes" and "Faith Walkin' People," which are closer to Grant's usual standard. "O Sacred Head" is an interesting track--Grant and her two sisters singing Bach in a cappella harmony, punctuated at appropriate (and unplanned) moments by rolls of thunder. These are pretty much the only songs on the album that stand up to repeated listenings, but Grant's fresh, clear young voice helps the others considerably. Not bad for a teenager surreptitiously making an album as a surprise for her parents while studying full-time at college....

Continue Reading at this Christian Music Review

No comments: